Doctors, Nurses & Practice Team
Dr Christopher George Leeman
MB BCh 1987 (Wits)
Dip Med AC DFFP
Dr Angus Henderson
MBBS DTM&H MPhil
Dr Elena Andrei
Doctor (Medic) Bucharest DTSRH
Dr Azam Bata
Dr G Berrocal
LMS Universidad de Lleida (Spain) 2008
RGN RM NP Bsc Hon
Direct Line 01279 818050
Deputy Practice Manager
Reception TeamOur receptionists are here to help you. They have a lot of information to hand and in most cases will be able to help with your enquiry, ensuring you see the most appropriate clinician hence they often ask what is wrong with you; telling them will help you get the right person to quickly see you.
Receptionists: Kerry, Gill, Lorraine, Gemma W, Gemma FD, Theresa, Mandy, Kellie, Liz and Rebecca
Anything that is discussed with the receptionists or any other member of the team is treated in strict confidence. We can offer privacy in a separate room if your enquiry is sensitive, although at busy times we may have to ask you to wait until a room is free. Please respect the privacy of other patients by standing well back from the reception desk until your turn.
Administrative TeamPrescription Clerk: Jane
Secretaries: Stef and Angela
Medical Legal Records: Catherine
Summarising Clerk: Leona
Primary Healthcare Team
These teams work with the surgery as patient care is important to us.
We have a team of district nurses who are responsible for giving nursing care, support and advice to housebound patients suffering acute, long-term and terminal illnesses, both in their own homes and within residential care. If you are under their care they can be contacted on 01279 871324 or via the surgery.
Specialises in caring for older people in their own home. They try and help patients manage their health problems to prevent unnecessary admissions to hospital. If patients are admitted they liaise with hospital team to ensure a faster, effective discharge.
The role of the health visitor is to improve public health by working with individuals, families and communities. Our health visitors’ work is focused mainly on families with children from birth to five years and expectant mothers. There is a clinic at Stansted Clinic every Tuesday between 9.30 – 11.30am.
The community midwives are involved with expectant mothers and they visit mother and baby in the early days after delivery.
Community Children’s Nurses
- The Community Children’s Nursing Team in West Essex is based at the Child Development Centre in Harlow, Essex.
- This is a specialist team of nurses who are trained to care for sick children and young people from 0-19 years of age. Most of this care will be carried out in the family home but can also be carried out in the nurseries & schools that the child attends.
- The service operates from Monday-Sunday from 8am-8pm seven days a week throughout the year.
- We aim to reduce the impact of childhood illness and reduce the need for hospital admissions if it is safe to do so or facilitate an earlier discharge from hospital where appropriate.
- We work in partnership with the child and family to ensure that the care needed is provided with the support of other colleagues in health, social care and education.
- Referrals are welcomed from any or our clinical staff – their telephone number is 01279 808280