2022 Annual Flu vaccination programme, and Covid-19 Autumn Booster programme – Current plans
𝗦𝗔𝗩𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗘 for our annual Flu Jab Saturday, which will be on 𝗦𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝟮𝟰 𝗦𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟮. We will cascade further information nearer the time. We hope to run this clinic on a walk-in basis, so no need to book an appointment. We anticipate that the flu vaccination can be given at the same time as a Covid-19 booster, but we will make this decision nearer the time, as we do not know at this stage how and when we will receive Covid-19 vaccine during the Autumn campaign. Additional weekday flu clinics will be announced nearer the time, for those who prefer a booked appointment.
𝙒𝙝𝙤 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙞𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖 𝙛𝙡𝙪 𝙟𝙖𝙗 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧?
all children aged 2 or 3 years on 31 August 2022
• all primary school aged children (from reception to Year 6)
• those aged 6 months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups
• pregnant women
• those aged 65 years and over
• those in long-stay residential care homes
• carers • close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
• frontline staff employed by the following types of social care providers without employer led occupational health schemes:
- a registered residential care or nursing home
– registered domiciliary care provider o a voluntary managed hospice provider
***𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙡 𝙜𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙥𝙨 for flu vaccination 𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙂𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙖𝙧𝙚:
• Secondary school children in years 7, 8 and 9 who will be offered the vaccine in order of school year (starting with the youngest first). This group are likely to be offered vaccination later in the year once children age 2 and 3 and primary school age children have been vaccinated.
• 50 to 64 year olds that are not in a clinically at-risk group, who are likely to be offered vaccination later in the year once people that are more vulnerable to COVID-19 and flu, including those in clinically at-risk groups have been offered their vaccine. The NHS will announce when people aged 50 to 64 years not in a clinical at risk will be able to book an appointment or request their free NHS flu vaccine.
𝙒𝙝𝙤 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙞𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖 𝘾𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙙-𝟏𝟗 𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙪𝙢𝙣 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧: Final JCVI advice confirms that the COVID-19 Autumn booster should be offered to the following groups:
• Residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
• Frontline health and social care workers
• All adults aged 50 years and over • Persons aged 5 to 49 years in a clinical risk group.
• Persons aged 5 to 49 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression • Persons aged 16 to 49 years who are carers
We will communicate with you all nearer the time with regards to specific arrangements